Thursday, July 16, 2009

I did two interesting things today

One, I went for a half-hour long run on the track at the gym . . . barefoot!It's part of my campaign to get stronger, better ankles. It actually felt pretty normal, and I don't think it slowed me down or made me more tired. I'm curious about what it will feel like tomorrow.

Then during sailing class my prescription sunglasses fell off my head into the water while I was rigging my boat. So I sailed blind all afternoon and then at the end of the class I had to dive to the soggy disgusting bottom of the lake in order to retrieve them. It was unpleasant but doable. Have I mentioned that I love summer?

My vet said that based on recent research she has started recommending that people make indoor cats work for their food more. So I just made a little contraption out of a tupperware container with holes cut in the top that requires Kitcat to bat his kibble into position below the only hole big enough for his head. Right now he is kind of cautiously stalking it, but I know he is going to LOVE it.

2 comments:

Cancrizans said...

Poor Kitcat must now be Fitcat! No more lazing in a little lounge chair while watching his favorite ornithology programs on TV, all the while nibbling on gourmet kibble from a bag at his side! Good luck!

Emily G said...

I can't believe you actually found your glasses on the soggy lake bottom! That's amazing!

Please keep me posted on ways you make Kitcat work for his food...my girls need a few challenges in their newly indoor lives.