Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cat in the light of day

Well, Kitcat got a clean bill of health from my regular vet and today's visit was way more pleasant than last night. It's funny that the thing I always didn't like about my regular vet is that she didn't seem to realize how good and special and beautiful and sweet a cat Kitcat is. But today she was full of love for him, and she told me that she likes adult cats better than kittens and enjoys watching them grow up into who they're going to be.

The experience last night made me realize, in terms of human health care, how totally inhumane a health care system is that makes people pay piecemeal for their own medical treatment. It's traumatic enough when you're dealing with animals but in a reasonable society no person would ever have to get on the phone trying to get a loan for a lifesaving procedure.

In other news, I think I totally have a crush on Sonia Sotomayor. I maybe kind of wish I'd tried to become a judge instead of an underemployed poet. Hearing her calmly parse words in the face of the blatant (and racist) misrepresentations of nincompoop Jeff Sessions is inspiring.

No comments: