Saturday, September 29, 2007

Writer's Block

I have this cool (at least to me) freelance job writing profiles of alumni of the MPH program here. I wrote one and it was super quick and easy, but now I'm having total writer's block on the second. I think it's because I want it to be good. And it keeps coming out cheesy. I had been thinking recently about how I mostly don't get writer's block any more . . . sometimes I am lazy or don't know what I want to say, but I usually enjoy actually making the sentences and feel confident that if I don't like the ones I come up with, I can find different ones that will be better. I guess I'm writing this to try and get the juices flowing.

In other news, it is gloomy here and I used my SAD light for a good half hour this morning before GMAT class. I love my SAD light. Now I'm sitting on my office couch under my sheep blanket, drinking tea and typing. I am beginning to appreciate a cat's value as a source of warmth as well as general lovableness.

I'm taking a lot of courses this quarter: one on Ezra Pound, one on Proust that I just added, my pedagogy class, a special mini-seminar in preparation for a visiting professor's visit, and, of course, teaching. Plus working, socializing, petting the cat, writing poetry. Everyone's been saying it's going to be a good fall and I think so too.

No comments: