Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday night

A) Sick. Woke up sick this morning and teaching eight hours of test prep is not, actually, the recommended cure for any ailment.

B) That said, my high school students are wicked cute. I will miss them, even though I'm glad my weekly journeys to Tacoma are over. It's weird how, unlike college kids, high school students want to know all about you.

C) I'm making chicken soup. It smells good.

D) My cat is bored and he's clawing up my jeans and I'm having trouble getting him to sit still while I clip his nails. But I love him!

E) My MPH profiles are due tomorrow and one person I haven't even interviewed yet. Shit!

F) Also in the next two days I need to: read a bunch of Pound's Cantos; plan class and figure out how to get a projector and hook my laptop up to it; buy and read whatever I need to read for my newly added Proust class (en Français???!); buy and read whatever I need to read for my pedagogy class; print out and read whatever I need to read for my special mini-seminar; go to some classes; work an evening tutoring center shift; and generally not go too crazy.

G) Chicken giblets make me think: Mr Leopold Bloom ate with relish the inner organs of beasts and fowls.

H) Also, as I was driving home I heard this amazing Tavis Smiley Show special on the Little Rock 9. That's a pretty amazing story.

No comments: