Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Readings

I just spent a very pleasant hour reading "The Singularity of Literature" in the bathtub. The professor didn't bother to order it, so I was reading a printout of my very first ebook: hello, future! My cat likes water and has jumped in the tub a couple of times, but tonight he stayed dry.

Here is my Proust professor's summary of "Into the Wild" (he was talking about the movie, which I haven't seen, but I have read and been disturbed by the book): "He goes to Alaska, eats the wrong potato, gets on a bus, and then . . . we know what happens to people in books!" I think the whole class was totally mystified, but, knowing what he was talking about, I thought it was kind of hilarious.

Now maybe I'll read some Pound in bed. Or maybe on the couch.

No comments: