Friday, September 28, 2007

Thumbs Up for Grad School

Last night was the first grad pub of the new year, and all night I kept looking back and being incredibly thankful that it is now and not a year ago. I love not being new, I love being comfortable enough to be outgoing, I love feeling like part of a community that is in the process of getting warmer and closer and more fun, which I think this one is. I don't love that this is my one day off ever and I have a lot of work to do, but I do love that I am typing this in my office looking out at a blue sky, with my kitkat curled up asleep on my lap.

Before I decided to procrastinate by writing this, I procrastinated by responding to a brunch invitation that was cleverly phrased as a course description for a graduate seminar with a proposal for this set of projects, entitled "It Ain't Over Till It's Over-Easy: Egg Studies in the 21st Century," and including the following papers: "The Egg and Eye: Scrambling Vision, (Re)Visioning the Scramble," "Eggs Benediction: The Death of God and the Rise of the New American Sunday Morning," and "Poached Texts and Hard-Boiled Readers: Self-Referentiality at the Noir Breakfast Table." Have I mentioned that I'm a nerd?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you wind up writing any of those papers, because then I will invite you to present them at The Egg Party II.

Zanni said...

I think Butter is an awesome name. #1, it's my favorite food. #2, it's my second favorite color. #3, he's a biscuit so you can call him BUTTER BISCUIT! I can't believe you didn't call me when you got your biscuit! I think you should name him Butter.