Saturday, February 17, 2007

Furniture High

Okay, Clocky is pretty amazing, but he may not be the best thing ever after all. I mean, a) I don't actually own Clocky, and b) I think that Clocky is probably better in concept than in reality . . . the principle that makes Clocky work is unbearable irritation, and really, is that how you want to start your day?

Plus, I have a new candidate for the best thing ever: when new financial solvency allows you to fix up your study, and you buy a super-comfy chair at a thrift store, and when you're loading it into your car you see a spring and realize . . . it's a RECLINER! This chair makes me ecstatic. I wish I had a digital camera so you could see the wonder.

Chairy was one of a pair, and before I even realized its full glory I was feeling bad about separating it from its twin. Now I'm seriously considering going back for the other one. I don't really have a place for it, but as soon as I reclined in Chairy I felt an overpowering urge to watch TV, so I think maybe the living room.

Also, I was stressing out about thinking of paper topics and then, as then as soon as I sat down in this coffee shop with a mug of coffee and a slice of mango pound cake, my ideas instantly crystallized. I've been trying to find topics that fulfill both the requirements of the class and my personal writing ambitions and, voila!

1 comment:

Keep Your Fork, There's Pie said...

Hey! I just posted about new chairs too! Well mostly old chairs. Still.