Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Proud

Today I changed a tire for the first time! Yesterday I tried and the lug nuts just wouldn't budge, but today I decided to jump on them, and they cranked right off. The rest was actually really easy. Still, I feel like I've become a different category of person now: a Person Who Can Fix a Flat. Just call me if you need me.

I'm continuing my genre fiction odyssey, and can report that John Le Carre's "The Night Manager" is awesome at first but ultimately kind of unsatisfying. I never thought that grad school would really change my relationship with reading but it actually has made me more reluctant to read anything literary outside of "work." It's unfortunate, but still, even if it's a mystery or or whatever, having a novel that I'm reading makes life so much better. I should start another one, stat.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I might be calling you...I like to think that I am handy, but I've never yet had cause to change a flat (knock wood, pavement, etc)...

Aria said...

HI SARAH, I do love reading your blog! I am sorry for not making a comment before this time. I have been following you for quite some time now. I love your comment and pride in changing a tire!! Great for you!!!! And, as far as reading goes, well, I could read twentyfourseven if I was allowed, and had a fridge and phone nearby.

Ariasynice