Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Now this is weird . . .

I'm writing an assignment prompt for my students about attending a poetry reading and, as usual, I searched google images for an illustration for the assignment sheet. As I often do, I used a bland search term literally describing the gist of the assignment, in this case "poetry reading." High up on the second page of results, I saw this:

And even though it was random and a tiny thumbnail, I thought, hey, that looks familiar, could it be . . . ? And I clicked on it. And it was!

It is, or at least it appears to be, a photo of one of the trailer park poetry readings back in Irvine, back when there was a trailer park, and there were poetry readings in it. Those were good old days.

The weird thing is that this photo was on a Minnesota arts blog. Huh?

No comments: