Thursday, January 08, 2009

Two thoughts

1. Today by the fountain I walked by a little flock of waterfowl and, when one came close to me, I said to it, "Goose-cat!" And then felt silly. I love animals, but they all remind me of Kitcat.

2. While all the living former presidents had lunch with Obama yesterday, I think all the losers should have gotten together too. Kerry, Gore, and Dole could have welcomed McCain to their fraternity of disappointment. (I guess Bush I and Carter would have had to be in two places at once . . .) I don't know, I think it would have been an interesting event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are posting on a daily basis since I like receiving a steady dose of Stove-top observations. But I'm worried that you are feeling very sad. What can we do about this?

Luther, Goatie, Bea, the Hals and the whole gang are sending you cheerful thoughts ---

Cancrizans