Monday, November 26, 2007

Menu

Part of my problem is that I really like to cook but I have for some reason become shy about cooking for other people, so I end up making these elaborate multi-course meals for myself. Tonight I made tomato-lentil soup, which was good even though I added newly-opened wine before discovering it was corked; collard greens with mushrooms and sugar snap peas; and whole-wheat molasses bread. Before cooking I did my usual 5-mile run around Greenlake in the unusual cold, and watched the three twilights diminish and the stars come out.

It’s a good thing to rise and fall without volition,
and another to be infused with a pale white light and touch all equally.

2 comments:

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

Oops. No.

This reminds me in tutoring I had three kids enact the motions of the sun, moon, and earth. The sun's role was to shine brightly in every direction.
(For the epicycling moon it was never to turn your back on the earth.)