Sunday, February 25, 2007

Culinary and Athletic

I've been a huge homebody these days. It's kind of nice. Right now I'm making Indian cornmeal pudding for brunch tomorrow and writing (not just writing this, I mean). I also resourcefully upgraded my curtains with dowels from True Value, so no intruders even know there is pudding in here.

In other news, I became a true Seattlite today by voluntarily exercising outdoors in the rain. I explored Seattle's arboretum, which was nice but muddy, and which deposited me onto a road that I swear was the Jamaicaway. Are arboreta and their surroundings the same everywhere?


I also discovered a trail system that jumps around between islands. From there, you could see approximately this view, as well as another view out across the water. The giant binder clip in the background is Husky Stadium, where the Dawgs perpetually lose at football. In the other direction I think there are houseboats. I really want to explore this area by water, as I always long to do when I'm around lakes or bays. When it gets a little warmer, I'm going to join the sailing club.

The run ended up being longer than I'd planned: 7.2 miles. And yesterday I ran 7 miles on the treadmill. That's a lot for me, so I'm proud.

1 comment:

Megan Savage said...

Man, that's great! Aroboreta and 7 miles! Will I ever reach your level?