Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Updates

Since it was so quiet, my co-tutor and I unilaterally decided to pack it in 20 minutes early. We got all bundled up (it's 30 degrees here, and feels like 23), and then about 10 feet outside of the building, a student passed us as she ran inside, clutching a single sheet of paper. There are lots of tutoring services in the building, but our students have a certain look. My co-tutor and I looked at each other and then, with incredible dedication, I took one for the team, turned around, and ended up staying late on the quietest night of the year.

The student turned out to be a Japanese ESL student writing a paper analyzing the way The Seven Samuri demonstrates various primate behaviors, such as bonding, dominance, and locomotion (we had a long discussion about the sentence "Needless to say, the humans were bipedal.")

By the way, the Thai chicken soup is delicious, and close to how it would taste in a resturant except I went easy on the coconut milk, not being a rabid fan of it. I've been further compromising the authenticity of the soup by adding frozen peas, just because I can't resist. I'm eating a bowl of it right now and I'm so happy.

No comments: