Monday, January 15, 2007

Thanks to Dr. King, no one's writing seems to need improvement tonight

It's been the quietest night ever at the tutoring center where I work, and oddly, even though I'm getting paid to sit here and blog, and for most of the evening I was getting paid to sit here and IM with Equinoctial, I still wish the powers that be would close up early and send us home.

That's probably mostly because I'm hungry; I almost always go to the gym before my shift starts at 7, and I almost never leave enough time to get dinner. As usual, today I don't even have enough cash to use the vending machines; when leaving the gym four hours ago, I decadently bought an ice cream sandwich, but the little pusher-thing didn't advance far enough and I had to put in my last dollar to get the sandwich out. It was delicious, though . . . it had coffee ice cream and little almond shards in it.

Speaking of the gym, I have a sports injury! My right iliotibial band (the tendon that runs down the side of your leg between your hip and your knee) is wacked-out somehow and it's been hurting for months. Oddly, this makes me feel like I've really arrived as an athlete (even though the problem was probably caused by my poor running form).

The last student who came in said the number one thing a teacher likes to hear: "I like that you make me think." (And I thought, well, good, cause it looked like you weren't liking it at all.)

No comments: