Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Seminar most foul

I have never had such strong mixed feelings about the first day of a class; half the time I was thinking "I'm going to love this class!" and the other half "I have to drop this class!" I won't belabor the details, but three separate times, with three different people, minor or imagined disagreements about unimportant points led to angry confrontations with the professor. This dynamic makes a class both tense and boring, so I hope it won't continue. As often happens to me, I'm really excited about the books and may have trouble keeping my equanimity if we don't actually get to discuss them.

In a totally unexpected turn of events, I'm feeling excited again about books in general. I had a really nice break, but after two weeks of catching people up on my life, I am really sick of hearing myself talk. This state makes me eager to write (to try and say things better) and to shut the fuck up (a new family slogan!) entirely.

No comments: