Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Years Eve

So Josh was like, what are you doing for new years? And I was like, oh, probably just wandering around being cold and trying to avoid first night, because I hate new years. And he was like, why? And I was like, well, because I hate the passage of time. We'll never have 2006 back again, and you can never do anything special enough to make that feel okay. And he and Sarah looked very sad and were like, Pookie, don't cry, it will be all right.

Of course, what they said was actually more dignified. But I was exactly this much of a downer. The secret, though, is that even though I hate new years, I really like being in Boston with my old friends, and family friends, and I wouldn't trade it for almost anything.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I was gonna say 2006 is toast, but really only toast is toast.

I love that you are in beantown tonight, avoiding firstnight.

and hey, 2006 might be history, but so are the jurassic, cretaceous, tertiary, several Chinese dynasties, the Victorians, neanderthals and a whole lot of other stuff we either miss on don't.

so go out, in search of dinosaurs or noodles, gather material for the next new years poem.

then send it to me