Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wait, how . . .

. . . did I get on the internet again? I'm writing! Writing my paper!

I am kind of itching to post, even though I'm not doing anything except writing and not-writing, but I'm finally on a roll and have to go back to it. Quickly, the bad news: I'm still working on my first paper. It's almost done, and it's basically solid and not-embarrassing, and it's kind of a relief that the magical ability to somehow do this shit and see how the pieces need to go hasn't deserted me (I never really thought it had, but I didn't know where it was and it wouldn't come when I called)--BUT it is still the first paper and I have to research and write another one by Saturday. Between tonight and tomorrow I have to go from Wordsworth accidentally writing his masterwork while procrastinating on "writing his masterwork" (which is so awesome and I wish were not an oversimplification), to parades. Specifically, how they are the missing link between Walt Whitman and the KKK. (It's true.)

The writing center tutoring job is over for the quarter, thank god, but I got some nice feedback about it from the managers. Plus, I started getting requested (it's a walk-in center, but you can have a specific tutor if you're willing to wait), which kind of amazes me and makes me happy. Next quarter, I have been assigned more responsibility: the incredibly important task of drawing the "Below this line we may not be able to see you tonight" line, which is our savoir.

2 comments:

Keep Your Fork, There's Pie said...

Your Wordsworth paper sounds pretty awesome. You'll have to explain to me about the parades--I hope they come when they're called...

Megan Savage said...

It's times like this one resorts to commenting on blogs. I miss you! I'm going to be in CT tomorrow. How funny. Portfolios read, World Cup Songs paper complete, many other tasks incomplete. Still. Good luck on parades!