Saturday, November 25, 2006

Home again

Well, I came back to find my leaking ceiling fixed, although pieces of it are scattered around the living room. An outlet also stopped working--unfortunately it was the one powering the fridge, but fortunately, I had very little food in there and only lost some frozen vegetables, a jar of mayonnaise, and a cucumber that would have been a goner anyway. It isn't raining. (The pilot on my flight announced this, and then added that it was going to start up again, but don't worry, it will only last until, oh, June. And everyone laughed.)

It took me two hours to get home on the bus because Critical Mass was fouling up the downtown traffic. On the one hand, it was kind of awesome that Critical Mass actually worked (and watching only the top half of bikers out a bus window is really cool--they look like disembodied gliding creatures, perhaps as animated by Miyazaki). On the other hand--come on! We're a bus, we're public transit... aren't we all on the same side here? Do we really have to sit at this light for 20 minutes?

When I got home I knitted a third of a legwarmer. Seattle is wicked exciting.

2 comments:

Zanni said...

You'd look hot in legwarmers. Miss you already. A lot.

Megan Savage said...

we must not say so. after all --