Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Spackle

Today I got an email about the English "Grad Pub Night" at UW starting up again. It is very wonderful that this institution exists. And yet: it is hard for me to imagine caring about those faceless grad students as much as I care about my friends here. I know this is trouble, but whenever I move I want to keep at least a foot and a half in my old life. A happy life is such a rare gift, it seems like insanity to leave it. On the other hand, it will also be insanity to sit in a Seattle bar and wish I were at Gina's.

In other news, my task for the day is to fill all the nail and screw holes I've put in my wall with Ace Hardware's finest spackle.

1 comment:

Keep Your Fork, There's Pie said...

To me they look like nice folks with an evil plan--stealing you away. I know it can't be helped. You can't commute back to the OC every Wednesday for Gina's or Steelhead. Can't you?