Thursday, August 03, 2006

A serious life

I just want to assert that my life is not all togas and karaoke. Mostly it is serious. Just so you know.

To wit, here's a poem I wrote, addressed to my friends (including you, if you are geographically able):

The summer is passing,
August is here,
you're still in Irvine--
might as well have a beer.

At our place in Verano,
number 6523,
dance your troubles away
or just schmooze or just be.

Bring your friends, bring some booze,
what kind doesn't matter. They
all will be welcome
9 pm Saturday.



And for a fun party game, guess which poets wrote these responses:

I'll be there in a toga
I'll be there on time
I'll be drinking lots of soda
with Jim Beam and lime

I will be attendin'
that's why I'm a-sendin'
this email reply.
I have a sty.

Since I'm invited
I'd be delighted
to join for some booze and a chat.
My feet smell like scat.

y'all can relax--
I'm bringing the ax.

2 comments:

Zanni said...

Joe Goetz! Joe Goetz! I wish I could come to the party.

Unknown said...

Missed the party by a mile
but I can't complain.
Just the thought makes me smile
and giggle in the rain.