Monday, August 07, 2006

Advice

I'm trying to write a poem using the line "the awful tyranny of seasonal, local, and organic." That's right, I'm going to be out in front of the backlash.

Should I rent a cute, tiny cottage a few blocks from the U District, sight unseen? (But you can see a picture at http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/apa/190759258.html) Emily and Tim just rented the cutest cottage ever--maybe it's in the stars. (Which makes me picture all the constellations going on vacation in a little beach cottage, Aquarius in the room with the twin beds, etc).

Should I take on two ESL students for the next 3 weeks and make a bunch of extra money, which would definitely come in handy? It would make me get up and get out of the house, which would be good, but it would also be a distraction, which would be bad.

Should I, should I. Right now I should work on my poems, so adieu.

5 comments:

Zanni said...

I think you should write poems. Be a little broke for a while. Poems are more important. I'll look at the pic of the cottage right now.

Zanni said...

Um...that's like...the cutest house I've ever seen...

Keep Your Fork, There's Pie said...

Did you rent it? It's beautiful. Also, how big a "bunch" of money are we talking? Maybe the ESL job would get you some useful structuring of time, plus get your first month of cottage rent paid in advance?

Anonymous said...

Dear LMS,

I think the cute, the enriching, and the poetic are not mutually exclusive. A delightful cottage, a few ESL dollars, and a blank word processing document await you down the road. In the meantime, rock on, little mellow stove.

Megan Savage said...

Yes, the cottage! I'm free now but I left my phone in my mom's car or I would call you.