Monday, January 23, 2006

Two or Three Suits

Wow, I just taught my worst class in a long, long time. Beforehand, I ran out of time grading, and then had to spend the first few minutes of class photocopying the article I wanted them to read. Then I was a blibbering mess as I tried to manage the assignments, meetings, etc. Wow.

Although, actually, when we finally talked about the article itself things came together and I started realizing how I can run a close-reading discussion (which is something I CAN do) with journalism instead of poetry goals. That was pretty nice and I'm looking forward to doing it again. We were able to extrapolate basically the entire profile from the phrase "two or three suits."

Now I'm being stood up by a potential Faultline intern (not a good move, kid!) and getting ready to embark on the misery of self-transcription. But you know, the Faultline computer is doing something very strange. When I go to type an internet address (but at no other time), the comma and the period are switched. I mean, I hit the comma key and a period comes out, and vice versa. Huh?

No comments: