Monday, January 23, 2006

Mutinies

Things are not right with my schedule. I woke up today at 2 pm, having gone to bed at 1 am. I set my alarm for 9:30 and it really didn't break through at all. This makes me nervous as I have to teach at 11:00 tomorrow. Friday I taught without coffee, and I really can't do that more than once a month or so or my students will probably mutiny (just like the passengers on the QE II, I learn from CNN).

And so it has been a day of work but of too much left to do and too little inclination to sequester myself in the library. I think I might be becoming an extrovert. But I'm supposed to be "lonely, lonely / I was born to be lonely / I am best so." Oh, good old poems.

Quote from a student paper that made me laugh out loud (please don't be reading this, students...I don't think you are): [In the context of the female student's interest in a male bartender] "I trust my friend's gaydar because her sister is a lesbian." I mean, how do you even comment on that?

No comments: