Sunday, November 13, 2005

I made a poster

...for a reading arranged by LOC with which I unwisely volunteered to help. I always forget that design is hard. I hope the rest of the Committee of Three likes what I've done.

Anyway, it's been a weird weekend. First, there was the GRE, which was way more difficult than the practice tests. The [name deleted because I signed an oath not to repeat the test content]'s Tale? Come on, ETS! Get with it! I guessed a lot, though mostly with confidence. Also, I got picked up by a 21 year old alcoholic from Fullerton and had a pleasant post-test drink with him, which is probably a good omen.

Speaking of omens, I am suffering from a lot of magical thinking recently. Good thing Vicky Silver's offering her Milton class in the winter, because she is big on dispelling the magaical mentality, and brilliant about it. I also hope to go out for margaritas with her, D, and his bandmate, her protege (and HH if she takes the class).

Anyway, there may be disappointment, there may be heartbreak, there may be Sex and the City. I probably won't ever finish my grading. My rejection wall is coming along pretty well. I think I need to read some old books and write some more poems.

1 comment:

Zanni said...

Hey, I want to go out to margaritas too! Who's the protege? Who's D and bandmate?