Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Flow Chart

Last year, at a particularly low moment, I decided to make a flow chart of my neuroses. It cheered me up a lot. Anyway, last night Sisterkins was telling me that I need to toss the flow chart into the fireplace and be done with it, and she's so right. Life is way better without feeling neurotic and anxious all the time. With a couple of weights off my mind I feel so much more competent and ready to face the world. Although I'm keeping the actual flow chart as an artifact. I don't have a fireplace anyway, and no one except Equinoctial has managed to make me get off my ass and have a beach fire (and that time the experience led to a sprained dorsal fin).

In tutoring news, how did I get TWO classes of 12-year-old pairs? Benton and Ariel are adorable; I want to speak at their wedding. The ESL kids I'm not sure about. I said I wouldn't teach the class unless they paid me more, because I don't really want those hours anyway, but I don't usually try to negotiate that kind of thing. I felt weird until I realized: they're Chinese. They're totally used to bargaining.

My new UCI students are cute, but used the word "caress" to describe leaves way too many times. Still, I'm excited to be back in it. Check out their blog! (There's probably nothing on it yet, but there should be soon.) Homework meets the blogosphere.

No comments: