Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New York II

It's been years since I've felt up to the challenge of New York, and today I do. I had breakfast with two friends; one I used to think I might never see again, but as soon as we met it was like no time had passed since we palled around in Boston. Then the other friend took me to Labyrinth Books and St. James the Divine, an Episcopal cathedral/curiosity cabinet where we saw sacrilegeous collages and a giant crystal-geode thing. Now I'm going to have a swanky drink with my swanky sister. I'm finally feeling the New York loves you back thing.

On the downside, Labyrinth Books has a lousy poetry section, and I've decided to save myself for Grolier.

1 comment:

Zanni said...

Hey dude,

If Grolier has the new book by Tsering Wangmo Dhompa (I think it's called In The Absent Everyday) will you get it for me and I'll pay you back? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Love and love and love.

Me