Monday, June 06, 2005

S-O-L

8 days until I leave for China. I can't believe it, nor can I believe the unbelievable amount of stuff I have to do between now and then.

Today I went to a really funny doctor to try to get immunizations for my trip, except, oops, the Hepatitis A shot doesn't take effect for another six weeks, and the others aren't covered by my insurance. So the doctor said I was "pardon my language, S-O-L." It took me a while to figure that one out (shit out of luck is my guess), but it also made me wonder: if I've already pardonned her language, can't she just go ahead and cuss? Also odd was the fact that she said my name about three times per sentence, which gets a bit uncomfortable after a while. Sarah, my friend, she says, don't eat any raw fruit, because, Sarah, you're not immunized.

I think I'm also S-O-L on writing a decent seminar paper. It's not as easy as I'd hoped.

No comments: