Saturday, June 11, 2005

No Longer Ungoogleable!

During a break from my seminar paper this evening, I did some random googling, and found out that the first listing resulting from a google search for my name is actually me! (It's my Atlantic interview with Alice Fulton, the stupid title of which, by the way, was not my idea.) This makes me surprisingly happy, as if my existence has been confirmed.

It's funny to read one's own name applied to other people. Some of their claims-to-fame I'd like to keep. For instance, I would like to have won the Pulitzer Prize, and I would also like to have won third place in the California 9th grade poetry contest, for a poem about the ocean being salty. A surprising thing is how many of my name-sharers also share my interests: lots and lots of writers, but also cellists, sailors, etc.

Maybe names are destiny. I like the idea of things being destiny.

1 comment:

Megan Savage said...

I think there are more interesting Sarah Cohens than Megan Savages. One of mine is a youth ministry director, and the vast majority are high school athletes. One place in the Ayn Rand essay contest. And there is one who seems to be involved in S. American international development. I'm number 3. Do you think any of our counterparts know each other? Is there another Megan Savage/Sarah Cohen friendship out there?