Saturday, September 26, 2009

Welcome back, fall.

Welcome back, stove.

Tomorrow I teach my second GRE class and I am actually, I think, maybe more nervous for it than I was for the first. Will there be a disaster? What if I can't unlock the room? What if no one shows up? Why does the logo look so dumb? That's my mental soundtrack right now.

But I had another exciting-for-me small-business-owner first today, when I used my special business bank account, full of the money from the last class, to pay for printing and photocopying this week's materials. It's real money that can buy things!

Real school starts on Wednesday. I am excited but nervous about that too. I am still scrambling to put together my class on modernist poetry and just decided to have a course website for the first time ever. One reason is swine flu (we're supposed to make it easy for students to keep up from home so that they don't spread their piggy germs around) but really I just want to be able to add online readings throughout the quarter instead of choosing everything now.

We're mid-landscaping and my backyard is a field of dirt. It's scenic actually in an apocalyptic way.

No comments: