Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Strange Life

Damn you, Mr. President and the adorable and needy children of the United States, you now have my $642.

Today when I got home from school my apartment was unexpectedly wrapped in plastic and some people were cutting a hole in my bathroom wall. I was planning to practice the cello, but even though that didn't happen, I felt on during orchestra rehearsal and it was exhilarating. I always wonder these days why I didn't think more in high school how physically intense orchestra playing is--it's exhausting, and also sometimes a big high. We are playing a great program with all these very Eastern European pieces on it that stay in your head and make you feel like doing a gypsyish dance all the time. I am writing a program note for this concert, on Dvorak's Symphonic Variations, and I'm excited about that, too, and keep pondering what I'm going to say.

I'm also making delicious potato salad. The potatoes are in the freezer, and I must rescue them soon.

Tomorrow I have to give a lecture in Construction Management. My life is strange.

No comments: