Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I was for it before I was against it

Josh sent me this funny article: National Endowment For The Arts Funds Construction Of $1.3 Billion Poem. My favorite line: "In addition, the tenuous line that was being drawn between the narrator's mortality and winter unexpectedly collapsed on itself Monday. Two poets were killed in the incident."

In related news, I love the way that "Bridge to Nowhere" has started working its way into the common lexicon as a metaphor. Recently I've heard it used to describe a relationship, grad school, etc. We need to take our wry chuckles where we can get them is my theory. I also just confessed to my fellow teachers that I want to use election-related materials in my class, but I am carefully scheduling things so that all that is over by election day, just in case.

Also, having considered the lobster, I feel sad about David Foster Wallace.

No comments: