Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Full Circle

A couple of years ago, I wrote this:
Last night I had an odd nightmare. I was walking with my favorite professor from last quarter on the way for him to observe me teaching my class (though I don't actually have a class right now). He showed me how to whip my head around in a weird way, and then said, "Your class will think that's really funny."

I said, "I'm not the kind of teacher who does tricks."

He said, "Doesn't your class have any social interaction?"

I said, "The social interaction occurs in connection with learning. I have them do group work . . ."

Now I'm actually taking a pedagogy class with that professor, and he will be observing my class! I remembered this dream in the middle of the first class meeting, but somehow managed not to raise my hand and tell the story then and there.

No comments: