Monday, August 04, 2008

Daemon

One of my friends has recently become interested in the concept of daemons from The Golden Compass, etc. Daemons are sort of animal familiars, who are both separate from you and somehow part of you too, like the childhood dream of having a twin who would be your best friend. So I was asked what my daemon would be, and I knew immediately that it would be a small silver-gray animal, a cross between Kitcat and Lambie, with some miniature mammoth (a la Madeline L'Engle) and a dash of the Spaceship (my old small silver-gray car) thrown in. I've just always felt that this was the right look and feel for things.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:


I wonder what this says about me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so it's a Lammothy Spacecat? A Space Klammoth? A Kitship Mammolamb?

xo

Cancrizans