Thursday, May 29, 2008

Travels

I got on the plane, flew to Houston, got off, and I was still in New York, though it was hot and muggy enough to be Houston after all. I was still happy to be there. I walked up five flights and had stir-fry with sisterkins and then took the #1 train to my mom's and slept under the watchful eyes of familiar things in unfamiliar places. I'm back in Seattle now, with a brain straining for sleep and eight more students to see before I'm done. Sometimes it feels like teaching is a hamster wheel and I'm its hamster.

Where would you put a tattoo, if you were me?

2 comments:

Megan Savage said...

i would wait for me to get to the pnc and then do it together.

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you should put the tattoo. Maybe the word "stove" in blackletter on the back of your neck? Mostly I just wanted to say that this sounds very much like one of Sam Beaver's bedtime questions.