Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy New Year

We are in bed. Kitcat is sleeping, I am typing. It's 2008. I'm doing better about not biting my nails. Even though I hate the New Years holiday, and even though I am suspicious of quick fixes and five-point plans and all suggestions that life in the future will be other than it has been in the past, I like New Year's resolutions. I like fresh starts. I like how different times have different feels. The best thing about this year so far is that I have brilliant, motivated students, and we are analyzing Starbucks cups and Nigerian money transfer spam emails and teaching is fun again.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're shivering, damp, and bereft. Rekindle the stove!

Megan Savage said...

where did you go, little moose?

Anonymous said...

The freshness of 2008 has been fresh a long time.

Anonymous said...

Stove belly up?

Leslie said...

hello?!

Anonymous said...

New header - it's alive! You didn't find that on a Nigerian spam cup.

Megan Savage said...

Ok, look lady, there's a mass movement afoot here. The people are clearly clamoring for your voice.

Leslie said...

Clamor, clamor, clamor

Anonymous said...

hey! some of us live in warzones on the other side of the world and rely on blogging from abroad for emotional sustenance! otherwise, you're going to have to start getting better about email.

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff.