Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Who dreams about pedagogy?

HenHen's tagging of me to share 5 "little-known facts" about myself has thrown me into a crisis. Maybe everything about me is little-known, even to myself! Or maybe I am completely transparent, unknowingly wearing all my secrets on my sleeve! Obviously, I think too much (but that's not a little-known fact).

Last night I had an odd nightmare. I was walking with my favorite professor from last quarter on the way for him to observe me teaching my class (though I don't actually have a class right now). He showed me how to whip my head around in a weird way, and then said, "Your class will think that's really funny."

I said, "I'm not the kind of teacher who does tricks."

He said, "Doesn't your class have any social interaction?"

I said, "The social interaction occurs in connection with learning. I have them do group work . . ."

He expressed extreme skepticism about this, and I felt very much not-among-friends. I have to say, though, that I'm kind of impressed with dream-me. She knew what to say and said it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my dream last night I made a sandwich.

Leslie said...

and UCIs comp-gurus would be so proud. group work. huh.

Megan Savage said...

I dreamed I was watching a video of myself being a radical cheerleader. I kicked ass.

Anonymous said...

Yeah? Bet you could use a sandwich.

Megan Savage said...

You know what? I -do- want a sandwich. Preferably one from the North End. Or a pizza from that wonderful place in Kendall. Hook me up?