Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Thanks a bunch, Gary Snyder

You went and had an orgy with Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, and some girl named Princess, and now I have to have a one-on-one talk about it with a sixteen year old boy.

*****

Coundown to Indiana: 1 day!

*****

I'm really happy they're saving the Hubble telescope.

*****

A light fixture in my apartment broke last night, and I'm considering whether to do some amateur wiring. It's kind of a pain to call the landlords, but I'm a little afraid I'll electrocute myself. The breakers are all labelled wrong and that makes me nervous.

*****

I wish I had a robot clone I could send to class for me today. We're talking about Darwin, and although I love Darwin and in fact have a thing for heroic evolutionists (Alfred Russel Wallace figuring out natural selection in a malarial dream!), I think class will be boring.

*****

I now have three jobs besides school. It keeps me kind of busy, I guess. Perhaps unwisely, I just reactivated my Netflix, and should be receiving three discs of Arrested Development today. Even if it's unwise, I'm excited.

3 comments:

Megan Savage said...

Yay, countdown! 26 hours!

Anonymous said...

Please don't electrocute yourself.

Anonymous said...

Stove, I continue to dig how much in sync we are. You're enjoying giving instruction in "yabyum," and I'm about to go write a post on Dean Moriarty.