Sunday, November 12, 2006

Raindrops on Roses, Whiskers on Kittens


I am typing this by the light of my new favorite thing, my SAD light. I'm sure it's just a placebo, but I'm really enjoying my treatments--20 minutes of bright blue light, twice a day. More than that and it will create too much seretonin and I will be jittery, according to The Internet. I don't think you read this, Olesens, but if you do--thank you!

My other new favorite thing is Dickens. Josh and I independently decided that his writing has the same good qualities as "Arrested Development"; a somewhat uncanny convergence, but, as such, an undoubtedly true observation.

I am very excited for my California trip, but have a massive pile of work to do before I go--including taking an "exam," which seems to mean I will have four hours to transcribe two papers that I am expected to have already fully thought out but just not yet written down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim thinks "Arrested Development" is Shakespearean, especially the Lear-ish-ness of the father-son dynamic in Season 3 Episode 2 or so, when they pretend to kidnap George Sr. to South America via a "helicopter" jerry-rigged out of paint-shakers. I agreed.
-- Emily