Friday, November 10, 2006

Karma

It's been raining for a week, and despite my joy in the functionalness of democracy, I feel an attack of SAD coming. This afternoon I'm going to try out my weird blue happy ray machine, while reading Our Mutual Friend.

Interlude for a politics dork-out: the line between the parties seems oddly permeable right now. I'm afraid Liebermann will turn (he gets to chair committees, etc, as a Dem, but I bet the threat will always be there and he'll milk it for all he can get). And I want to know if anyone can tell me, why didn't Lincoln Chaffee run as an independent? It seems like he definitely would have won that way, and if he's going to use his last months to defy the Republicans anyway (on Bolton, at least).... it seems weird.

2 comments:

Megan Savage said...

In fact I can: http://www.boston.com/news/local/rhode_island/articles/2006/11/09/chafee_unsure_of_staying_with_gop_after_losing_election/?p1=email_to_a_friend

Megan Savage said...

I hope that link works. He basically talks about wanting to retain clout with the majority party to bring tax dollars to his constituents. But I think there are good things to come from that man.