Friday, October 06, 2006

You know what I hate?

I hate applying for jobs. Today I was interviewed for a tutoring service by a hobbit who calls his mother Doctor. When I asked if I should bring anything particular to a follow-up interview (with Dr. Mom), he told me that my outfit had been "perfect."

And speaking of weird: many times since I've been here I've caught myself wondering if the big earthquake is about to happen--and then I have to remind myself that I'm not in California anymore. That makes me pay attention to this little mental transaction, so now I wonder how often I semi-consciously did the same thing when I did live on a fault line so the thought didn't require a self-correction. Here I've noticed I do it at least once a day... so what was it doing to my mental state?

I'm going to a housewarming party for which, according to the invite, I was supposed to produce pumpkin ale or some other seasonal foodstuff. Well, 2 Buck Chuck is always in season, right?

No comments: