Sunday, October 08, 2006

Gainfully Employed!

It turns out Dr. Mom is good cop (she has a nose ring), so Interview #2 was way more pleasant, and I got the job! Basically, I am teaching 11th grade English to a kid who is being home-schooled by this tutoring service. Would you like to know what we are reading? Of course you would!

Brave New World
1984
All the King's Men
The Dharma Bums
Life of Pi
Julius Caeser
Siddhartha

Not precisely the list I would have chosen, but novelicious nonetheless. There's something so pure and refreshing about high school English--no one will even remark on the fact that the list includes no Theory. Plus, I've never taught novels before--I've never even exactly taught a literature class before--so I'm excited for that. Ooh, also, I successfully negotiated for a higher salary.

On the downside, I have to start tomorrow at 9 am, with hobbit oversight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, I hated the life of pi...but maybe only because of the ending. siddhartha gives me warm fuzzies feelings though!