Thursday, March 23, 2006

Quiet in Stoveland

But everything's ok: I've just been busy superivisng an important Boston editor's Soutern California tour. I introduced him to the best green beer and karaoke the west coast has to offer, and we also averted a terrorist threat*. So it was an eventful visit.

Today I heard a mystery writer speak. He has (indirectly) become a patron of Faultline, which I think is pretty cool. The event was full of his eager fans, and even though they asked him over and over again how he gets his ideas, it was interesting to get a genre fiction perspective on the writing life. He said that you have to work hard and consistently because if you don't write for a while you get bad at it. And I thought . . . maybe that's my problem!

*I've just learned that Jack Baur, along with most of the other CTU bad-asses, was an English major. Go us!

3 comments:

Zanni said...

He's kindof hot. I sort of want to jump his bones. You can delete this comment if you want!

Me

Anonymous said...

I don't know which of the three of us (Boston editor, mystery writer, Jack Bauer) is being called hot, but I'm going to call it a win.

Megan Savage said...

I was sort of enjoying the mystery of the hotness. I have no comment on the mystery writer, but everybody else wins (with their updated follicle stylings). JJF...I miss you! (Though it's gauche of me perhaps to say so on someone else's blog).