Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Scooter

Have you read Lewis Libby's letter to Judith Miller, telling her she could give his name as her source and make a deal to get out of jail? Here is part of it:

"You went into jail in the summer. It is fall now. Out West, where you vacation, the aspens will already be turning. They turn in clusters, because their roots connect them. Come back to work -- and life."

So there are two options that I see. A, it's a secret code, or B, he's a poet. It's so iambic! Not to mention the imagery (HenHen and I read a LOT of aspen poems at Squaw. Aspen groves are apparently the world's largest organism, which I have to admit is neat).

I think it must be some kind of message, but I'll bet Scooter was also one of those snooty WR30 kids who thinks he's writing "The Waste Land" for every assignment.

1 comment:

Megan Savage said...

Mary says you and John Stewart made the same joke. John said Libby must have gotten a B- from his creative writing teacher. I knew your sense of humor was refined. I'm seeing you the day after tomorrow!