Friday, October 28, 2005

Fitzmas

Hee hee. I think the sentiment behind the term "Fitzmas" is irresponsible, but I still can't resist it.

I spent a lot of time in the car today, so got to hear Patrick Fitzgerald's press conference twice. I keep having to remind myself that these people are evil, because I keep feeling interest and sympathy for Libby--not unlike the way I feel about Severus Snape, actually (I just finished Harry Potter #6 last night).

But anyway, you just can't argue with the idea of a great American tragic figure named Scooter. It's indescribably perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else notice that in The New York Times's Wednesday page-one story about the investigation, the reporters attributed information to the admininistrate assistant of the relevant district judge--and that administrative assistant's name was Sheldon L. Snook? How great is that?

Megan Savage said...

Apropos of nothing in this post. Sarah Reynolds asks after you. And I finally met Ingrid who housesat for Dr. Stark. Or was it Dr. Clark? He of the 3-tiered backyard.

Aurora F. said...

I liked the article in Slate that pointed out that Scooter is going to have to lose either his reputation for integrity or his reputation for intelligence. He's going to have to seem either stupid or evil, and I'm sure neither prospect is appealing.