Friday, October 21, 2005

Beautiful Friday

Today I explained tax laws and political fundraising to my astonished tutoree, and then found out he neglected to graduate from high school before he left China. Hope that all works out for him. After that, I met up with Equinoctial for a quick chat at Wendy's before she headed off to a wedding with Joss Whedon. After THAT, I drove to LA to go to a reading with HenHen at the completely charming, ramshackle Beyond Baroque literary center. We saw Brenda Hillman, who was really sweet but didn't remember us from Squaw, and Jean Valentine, who was amazing. I think I'm going to love reading her poems. The reading was very sparsely attended--kind of sad--but there was a nice vibe nonetheless. Now I'm near collapsing, above a roomful of happy psychologists.

No comments: