Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What do I want so much?

Everyone says, "Do you have a book?" "I need to find an agent for my book," and that kind of thing, and I feel this absence. Sometimes it seems so impossible to have even one good poem, let alone a whole book of them. And why is "to have" the verb we use for "to have written," anyway? Oh, our acquisitive culture!

What I don't want so much is to go to the dining hall and load dishes, supervised by an angry fifteen-year-old. If only I had a book to keep me company!

2 comments:

Zanni said...

I predict that you will have a book in exactly three years, four months, and twenty seven days. That's really pretty soon. So that's what you should tell people from now on. "My book is coming out in three years, four months and twenty seven days."

Anonymous said...

I think it will be sooner than that, or I hope so, anyway.