Monday, June 13, 2005

Tra La La

The paper is done! I feel so accomplished. I even think it will make LOC consider the notion that poets might have brains. Of course, she'll probably just throw it down the stairs, but even so, it's pretty heavy: 21 pages! And 7 footnotes, so I think I get to stay in grad school.

I'm looking at it right now from across the room, and it looks so finished and beautiful. As Larry Raab once said about one of my thesis efforts, "Well, it looks like a poem..."

Speaking of which, in addition to Vendler, I also used the Kay Ryan line I quoted here a while ago: plucked it right off the blog. That's intertextuality for you.

And now, off to class and then a 24 hour exam. Why do my ends-of-term always get so insane? Am I a crazy person?

2 comments:

Keep Your Fork, There's Pie said...

Nicely done. I bet LOC writes nothing on it. I got my portfolio back today in my English Dept. box with nary a comment. ???!

Aurora F. said...

I apologize for perpetuating the myth that poets don't have brains. I have yet to finish my teaching portfolio for LOC. But thanks for your efforts to make me, as one of us, look intelligent.