Sunday, May 29, 2005

The neighbors...

...were in a really good mood this morning. "Apricots, apricots, apricots" was actually pretty cute--the fun of learning a new word overtook the impulse to fight over the thing the new word defined.

Since they're about to move away, I feel more benevolent toward my neighbors now. They've acted as my alarm clock all year, which, really, has had its benefits. I might RATHER sleep, but it's probably better for me to be woken up--and it's not so bad to be woken to shrieks if they are joyful ones.

This morning Else was doing that happy little kid thing of narrating everything as it was happening, just leaving the door to her interior wide open. I do wonder what it'll be like for her when self-consciousness hits. I mean, I think she's nine, so it won't be too long.

2 comments:

Megan Savage said...

"Blackberry, blackberry, blackberry."

Keep Your Fork, There's Pie said...

Equinoctial hits the nail on the head.