Saturday, May 21, 2005

Moses Among the Rabbits

When I leave the apartments of brilliant nocturnal poets, I have to go down a steep hill to get to my house. Since I sprained my ankle (or "dorsal fin," as Jane would put it), I'm always worried about slipping and retwisting it, and I've come to the conclusion that the safest way down is just to run. Dashing down the hill late at night causes rabbits to scurry off to both sides in front of me, their little tails disappearing into the bushes. It is practically a sea of rabbits around here, and parting it feels like a little bit of legend right here in Irvine.

While I was googling (rather than cracking open my free, neglected Oxford Study Bible) to double-check that it was Moses who parted the Red Sea, I came upon this amazing recipe:

Moses Crossing the Red Sea Snack

Red Jello (Red Sea)
Jelly babies or Jelly beans (Moses or you could use them for Pharaoh's army)
Rectangle tin/container
Spoons

Make the Jello in a rectangle container.
Then give each child a Jelly bean.
They each get a spoon and take turns eating their way through the middle to the other side.
At the end they can eat the Jelly beans.


Let's have an edible Biblical scenes party!

1 comment: